Monday, May 6, 2013

Derby Style

I had a great time at this past weekend's Derby party! It was so fun to get dolled up and spend an afternoon with some friends, even if Mylute didn't win the race. Here is a recap of the afternoon in a few pictures.


 



















I decided to do my hair in a simple side bun - elegant with or without the hat. How easy was it? I blow dried my hair, pulled it into a side ponytail, teased it a bit so it would stay full and hold well, twisted it loosely in a circle around the hairband, and inserted bobby pins appropriately. After spritzing with some hair spray, I marveled at how my hair almost always turns out better when I do it in a rush for some reason. Go figure.


The linen dress I picked came from the depths of not only my closet, but my life. It's from high school. It was one of my favorite dresses at the time, and when I put it on again for the first time in years, I was taken back in time. It wasn't an altogether positive feeling either - especially since I now realize that it's a pretty boxy dress that on its own is cute, but honestly doesn't look fantastic on me. I could stand for it to fit a little snugger through the body and hit just above the knee instead of below. But it my high school days...what did I know? Regardless, it worked well for the Derby theme. That may have been its last hurrah though.

[Brooke calling Lindsay: I'm looking for that picture of us from your high school graduation. You know the one. With the dress. Help?]

Ah, here it is! This was technically after I had graduated high school. But...same dress.


(Thank you, Lindsay. Now back to the Derby party.)

   
















My conclusion at the end of the party was...I think I could get used to the high life. For a little while.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...