Saturday, May 4, 2013

And They're Off!

So like I mentioned before, it's going to be a busy summer! The festivities kick off this month with a Kentucky Derby party, a park picnic, a wedding, and a not-your-average Memorial Day weekend cookout. (I'll explain later.) I'll be sharing all the fun details with pictures throughout the month, but for now, how about those Derby hats?

I've always wanted to go to a Derby party or even attend Virginia's Gold Cup races. I'm sad that I didn't plan ahead enough for the latter this year (it always springs up on me before I have a chance to remember that I want to go!), but I'm really excited about today's Derby party my friend has been planning! Maybe I'll catch the International Gold Cup in October.

I honestly haven't given much thought to my outfit for this occasion, but at least I have a couple of dress options and a hat that I picked up earlier this week. The basics are covered! I'll also be making a homemade pecan pie to share, which I haven't done since Thanksgiving, so I'm pretty excited about that.

My goal for this month (the whole summer, actually) is to TAKE MORE PICTURES! I'm so bad at remembering to do this, but I really want to be more conscientious about it because I want to keep enjoying these events even after they're over. For now, enjoy these colorful sights from the Kentucky Derby website and read up on the history of Derby fashion while you're at it! Later this afternoon I'll be donning a preppy outfit of my own - however it comes together - with a mint julep in hand. Happy Derby Day! My own pictures to come.



































1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...