Thursday, June 13, 2013

Guest Room/Home Office Pt. 2

Remember the first post I wrote about changes I've been making in our guest room/home office? Well I'm finally posting part 2! I made these finishing touches a few weeks before Levi's family rolled into town, and I'm so happy with the look and feel of the room now. The only major thing still missing is a set of curtains, which I've picked out, but are currently out of stock. :( I think they will really complete the room.

In the last post I highlighted the new lantern I found, the large sea shell overflowing with fern branches, and the coral reef piece displayed on the bookshelf. Since then I've acquired a new lamp for the desk, some small desk decorations, and a mirror for the wall. I also printed some scenic pictures from our honeymoon to fill an old frame I had, which we hung on the wall beside the bed.

For the pen holder I got a plastic tumbler from Target for $2 and wrapped it with some twine I had at home. I used super glue to secure the ends and various points while wrapping it around, and I love how it turned out! I did the same thing with this glass vase I got for a buck or two at Michael's - also where the exotic looking flower that I love came from.






















 




I found the lamp at Target, and I think it was called a captain's lamp. (Perfect!)

I like keeping the desk clean and simple - not too much clutter. I envisioned this being the place I would work on my computer, pay bills, etc, but so far it hasn't replaced the comfort of the couch...



















I found this round mirror at Target as well, and it kind of reminds me of a window on a submarine. (Also perfect.)


























I hope you've enjoyed the snapshots of our nautical guest retreat! Hopefully the curtains become available for purchase to finish it off. Now we just need some more visitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...