Saturday, July 20, 2013

Introducing Polyvore

Polyvore is a site I've discovered that lets you create inspiration boards or sets by choosing from hosts of products across the internet. You can make your own from scratch or choose from pages and pages pre-designed templates they've created.

I actually discovered Polyvore quite some time ago, but I just never knew what I wanted to make or where to start, so I gave up. It was a little discouraging how much creative inspiration is required just to create an inspiration board!

I don't consider myself a very creative and certainly not artistic person in the first place, so this kind of thing can be real struggle for me. For instance, my initial impulse in creating the board below was to make everything proportionate in relation to everything else. Which obviously isn't how this kind of thing works. But after playing with it for a little while, I like how it turned out!

For this board I was too focused on simply finding things that coordinated and looked good together to worry about selecting things that I actually own or plan on getting for vacation next month. (Not to mention, a lot of the stuff you can choose from on there is designer-expensive.) The one thing I do own is the ruffle coverup from Target - but in magenta. Nonetheless, it was fun to make and gave the right side of my brain a good workout!


Beach Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...